- OK WindPower has created 9,000 direct and indirect jobs in Oklahoma. A wind turbine technician is the country’s fastest growing job.
- The wind industry provides 33 percent of all electricity in Oklahoma and generates enough electricity to power the equivalent to 1.8 million average U.S. homes.
- The average price of U.S. wind power declined by 66 percent in the last seven years.
- Wind energy is among the fastest, cheapest, largest-scale ways to reduce carbon pollution.
- Wind power avoids the carbon pollution made by automobiles.
- 97 percent of wind energy remains in Oklahoma.
- OK WindPower is the No. 2 wind energy provider in the U.S..
- Wind generates 33% of ALL Oklahoma Electricity.
- Seven Oklahoma manufacturers supply wind industry.